Thursday, April 8, 2010

Moving to MN!

It's official, we're leaving the west and headed to Minnesota. A few reasons have led us to this decision, and we're confident we're doing the best thing for our family. I'm really looking forward to being closer to my family while going through the experience of having our first child.

The main reason is that with Rob still in school, it presents the need for me to continue working. He still has the nursing program to go through, followed by his masters which will be very time consuming. I know that there are several options here for child care, and Rob's family has all offered to help, but I just feel the most comfortable with my mom helping us take care of him. She's offered, and is delighted with the opportunity to have her grandson nearby. I have the best mom in the whole world. I know I'm lucky to have such an understanding, respectful, loving mother.

The other reason, is Rob's schooling. There is a nursing program in Minnesota that he has a good chance of getting into, compared to the high competition here in Utah. He's currently on the waiting list and it looks like he will be able to start the program in January. If we had stayed here, he would have had to wait another whole year to get in, and even then it would be highly competitive for him. The school is very respectable and feeds into other great bachelor's programs.

I'm really ready to move. I've loved the opportunities we've had here, the people we know and all of Rob's family has been so wonderful. But it's time. Our apartment isn't home. I struggle with the culture here, and miss the green hills and lakes and rivers you see on the other side of the mountains. I'm sure once the dead of winter rolls around I'll have moments where I'll be wondering what we were thinking to move back to the tundra of Minnesota, but all in all it's the right place for us to be right now.

Less than two weeks I'll be back to MN. Rob will come shortly there after, and when he joins me I'll be able to finally say (and mean it!) that I'm HOME!

2 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

YAY! So excited for you to be here!

emily said...

Well it sounds like a smart move to me. Ya Nursing school is nuts when it comes to the wait and competition. I somehow managed to play my cards right on that one. BUT it all pays off in the end. He will be done before you know it. So exciting! A new little adventure for you two!