Saturday, May 1, 2010

Back to the homeland

I'm in Minnesota... Rob is in Utah. We're apart for three weeks. I miss him. Only 10 more days and we'll be together again.

I'm spending a week and a half watching four kids from a family in my parent's ward. Their parents are on a vacation in Paris (so jealous...!) Hadlee is 4 (and a half, she'll insist), Sophie is 6, Noah is 11, and McKinley is 13. Been interesting... in three days I've dealt with wetting pants, refusing to eat anything but go gurt, being late for curfew, getting a balloon from the grocery store caught in the ceiling fan, homework, spelling tests, lacrosse practice and game, fights over who gets to get the mail, and many other fun times. It has been fun, the kids are great. I am VERY tired. Definitely will appreciate having my husband around when we have kids that age.

I'm really glad to be back in Minnesota. I've missed it. And my family. There is nothing quite like it.


1 comment:

Boyd and Sarise said...

You're a brave soul to watch 4 kids while being quite pregnant. Way to go Wonder Woman!!

I can relate to what you said in a previous post about being back in the midwest and finally feeling like you're at home again. I felt the same way after we moved to Iowa. There are definitely some things I miss very much about Utah and the west in general, but it does feel like home out here.