Friday, August 2, 2013

Update

So we have some exciting news to share... we are expecting! We're excited to add another child to our family. My due date is March 19th, which is a really long way off. I'm only seven weeks along, but for health reasons we chose to tell our family and friends our good news.

Many of you know how my pregnancy with Ryan went. It was pretty much awful. Unfortunately, this time around is no different. I've been in the Hospital twice this week to receive IV's and am on medication. This week has been better than last as I've been able to keep at least one thing down each day. But I'm very weak, sick, tired and dizzy. It's been hard.

I had what we like to call in my religion, a "tender mercy" today. This morning during my doctor appointment they had to draw some blood, but I was so dehydrated that they struggled finding a good vein. It took them three tries before getting it to work. I'm a wimp when it comes to needles, so I was miserable. About two hours later I went to Woodwinds hospital to get an IV, which meant that I had to get stuck again. I was dreading it, and close to tears. However- the nurse was amazing, and was able to get me in one shot. I told her how grateful I was and what a great nurse she is. She told me that it was because she prayed before she came over. Not going to lie, it made me cry. What a wonderful woman.

Here is a shot of my beautiful arm:



And here is a shot of my wonderful, supportive husband:



I'm going to continue to need IV's, but the great news is that tomorrow they are setting me up with a picc line, which will basically give nurses constant access without having to stick me every time I need an IV. I'll also be set up with a home health nurse, which will be wonderful.

I have a long way to go before I'll be back to my usual self. Can't wait for the next 33 weeks to be over. We knew all along that we were running the risk of having this kind of pregnancy again, but it was time for us to grow our family. We love you and thank you for your prayers and support.

5 comments:

Ryan A said...

Congratulations! Sorry the pregnancy is so bad. Wishing the best for you.

Ryan A said...

Congratulations! Sorry you are having such a rough pregnancy. Wishing you the best.

RBell said...

Yeah for baby #2! You and my sister have very similar pregnancy trials, it sounds like. You are amazing for making the sacrifices needed to bring another little one to your family. When they get here it will be allll worth it. :) In the mean time, hang in there my friend! I'll be praying for you!

Rob and Nicole Garside said...

Thank you my dear friend. I miss and love you!!

The Boggs said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I know what it's like to have hard pregnancies and I will be praying for you also. You are a great mom!