Sunday, June 29, 2008

Family reunion fun

I just got back from a family reunion, it was so great to see my family again. We went up to Island Park, and there were so many people there. I saw my immediate family for the first time since Christmas, which was so great. It was a bit of a hectic weekend but it was wonderful to be with them.

Families are such a blessing, and I am realizing that even more so now since I'm living so far away from my family. I've usually had extended family living close to me, but out here I'm pretty far away from them all. It is so amazing to think that I can live with my family for all eternity. I can't wait for that, I love and miss them all so much.

This weekend has also been a strong reminder to me that I am slacking a bit in the area of dating/marriage. I am the oldest female that is not married on both sides of the family, and the only male that beats me is my brother. It can be awkward when everyone in your family that you used to hang out with at reunions are now married and have two or three kids. I have realized that I have been spending most of my time just hanging out, and probably not putting myself out there as much as I should be.

Life is great, and I can't wait for it to get even greater! :)

1 comment:

Dot said...

Hey Nikki--found you through Katrina! Anyway--want you said--don't worry--he is out there--just quite looking and he will find you! LOL--love ya Dot